Friday, November 26, 2010

Unit Ten

To quote Jim Morrison ( of the Doors, for those of you too young to remember) "this is the end, my only friend, the end...".
Only the end of this term.
It's truly wonderful, and a little scary, too, how each end is really a new beginning. Another opportunity.
 Another group of people with whom to interact, another chance to be a friend.
 At my age, I've come to appreciate any and all new chances to get it right.
The holidays are upon us and soon the Winter Solstice will be here, signalling the return of the Light. Days will start to get longer. My (ex) husband will be that much closer to lifting the burden of Seasonal Affected Disorder and putting it away until next winter.
I know it is time to give gifts to others. However, I was moved to buy an Amaryllis for my own enjoyment. I put it in my bedroom window and am anticipating the long, elegant stem and the brilliant scarlet of the bloom. It will grow right into my room, right at the head of my bed, following the shaft of sunlight that illuminates my day. Every morning it will signal the splendor and beauty that is inherent in the return of spring.
Another opportunity. Another chance to get it right. I feel the bloom of hope and wonder in my heart just imagining my Amaryllis. Be of good cheer, everyone! Let love carry the season. Happy holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kat. Your writing is just beautiful! Good luck in your future classes and I hope to see you next term!! :)

    ReplyDelete