Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Unit Seven

Wow. Time is speeding by. It's almost Turkey time and that's really going to be a challenge for me.
 I have discovered that my body really only wants raw food.
I know, some people are thinking "raw turkey? Eeewww!" Well, no, folks.
I don't eat meat.
 The raw food I eat is simply delicious and is totally live, which means that my body gets the benefit of all the enzymes.
 I read one raw foodists' account of  a time when he questioned if the food he was eating was really "live". So, he took a few of the flax crackers he had recently dehydrated and planted them. Within a short amount of time, he had flax plants blooming in his kitchen. That's pretty amazing to me.
The migraines I suffered with almost all of the summer of 2009 are gone. Haven't had one since going raw. Give thanks! And still, there are people who look at me as if I had two heads when I decline cooked foods. Its as if it is subversive in some way. Well, this is STILL America no matter who is now in the majority in the House or the Senate, and I can eat as subversively as I wish, as long as I don't inflict my choice on anyone else.
 And, when a lot of the folks who snicker at my diet are laughing behind their arthritis-twisted hands, I'll be skipping all the way to the local farmer's market and back, spry and nimble as any thirty-year-old.
Going now to have a slice of raw strawberry cheezecake. Yum!!!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter says eating raw foods is not a diet its a lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete